Iron[FE]male Chromebook Scholarship
Ironmale supports young women who wish to pursue a career in a STEM field, including (but not limited to) science, mathematics, technology, engineering, medicine, statistics, STEM research, and related fields.
Ironmale knows that right now students across the country need laptops more than ever. In addition to getting college essays and applications ready, students are learning to cope with the need for their own personal devices on which they can do distance learning.
For that reason, Ironmale is excited to present our Chromebook Scholarship for female-identifying students across the US in grades 8 - 12.
At least one winner, selected on the basis of an essay, will receive an Asus 14" Chromebook (or similar) and an Ironmale T-Shirt for each month the competition runs. Two runners-up will also be selected to receive Ironmale t-shirts. See full details below!
To be considered for the Ironmale Chromebook Scholarship, students are asked to write a 1-2 page essay that:
- Tells us about a woman in STEM who inspired your dreams, and why she inspired you.
- Outlines your plans for a career in STEM.
- Explains how a laptop will help empower you right now.
Send your entries to Scholar@Ironmale.org by the 20th of the month for your entry to be counted in this month's competition.
Please see the complete guidelines for more information, below.
- At least one winner will receive one (1) Asus 14" Chromebook, or similar, and an Ironmale T-shirt.
- Two runners-up will receive Ironmale T-shirts.
The Complete Guidelines:
- No purchase from Ironmale is necessary for entry. Essays will not be evaluated on past purchase history.
- Entries must be sent to Scholar@Ironmale.org by the 20th of each month that the competition runs in to be considered for that month's competition.
- Winners will be announced on the first (1st) day of the following month.
- Essays received after 11:59EST on the 20th of each competition month will be evaluated as a part of the following month's competition.
- At this time, students may only enter the competition once for the duration of the competition.
- We reserve the right to not award a Chromebook for any reason, including a suitable winner not being found, during any competition cycle.
- The scholarship is open to female-identifying students enrolled in grades 10 - 12 at all United States High Schools.
- Finalists may be requested to provide a letter of recommendation from a STEM teacher to be considered for a prize.
- Winners will be required to submit a copy of their School ID as proof of enrollment in a United States High School.